Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 is looking fine!

So we thought we'd get a blog up again. My good friend Alison has one which I love. Her blog has inspired me to try to get this going again. Especially since, like her, a lot of our family and friends are far away.

As you can imagine, 2008 was a very exciting year for us with the birth of Owen in August. Nothing is more amazing than experiencing the birth of a child. Owen was so warm and soft when he was placed on my upon his birth and I fell so deeply in love with him. It was an overwhelming feeling of pure love and joy. In addition to Owen's birth we had a trip to Las Vegas, went to Cape Cod for Wayne and Erica's wedding and spent the Christmas holidays with friends and family. In between we also had visits from friends, including Lisa and David whom we went to a Red Sox/Orioles game with and visits from family. I had an amazing baby shower at work, one up in Massachusetts and a suprise one with friends in Baltimore. It was a great 2008 for us, no doubt about it.

We are now gearing up for 2009. I continue to look forward to the best job I've ever had. Being a stay-at-home Mommy to Owen. I wake up every morning being so stoked to be able to spend the day with him. I get to see him grow and watch him turn into this really neat little boy. We hope to host more visits from friends and family, as well as visit with you all. Maybe we'll get in some trips too.

Owen is waking up from his nap...so I will have to come back and post more. So...here's to an exciting '09!

No comments:

Post a Comment